ARE YOU GOLF FIT?
Every golfer wants better distance, accuracy, and consistency – in short, a better golf game. That’s why golf training aids represent a huge industry and we spend countless hours at the driving range perfecting our swings, honing our short games, and trying endless new approaches and techniques to help improve our handicaps. While it’s true that the right equipment, flawless technique, and hours of practice can vastly improve any golfer’s game, one of the most effective golf game improvement strategies remains one of the most overlooked: Are you Golf Fit?
Golf Fitness Benefits:
Golf is a game of mechanics. With each swing of the club, you enlist your body as a machine to align and accelerate your club head speed to and through a specific point – the ball. To accomplish this feat, your skeleton serves as a series of levers and joints, powered by more than 22 muscles, to propel your golf club.
It’s curious that despite the fact that no two swings are identical, so many different golfers can achieve similarly good results. The single best swing technique is impossible to pinpoint, but the single common denominator among the majority of the world’s greatest golfers is simple to spot: Golf Fitness.
You can tirelessly work on the mechanics of your golf game, but if you don’t have a well-oiled machine to execute those mechanics you will never realize optimal results. That is to say, without an excellent golf fitness regimen you will never reach your potential as a golfer. You must prepare your body for golf.
Benefits of an excellent Golf Fitness program include:
- Increased Speed
- Increased Agility
- Increased Flexibility
- Increased Power
- Increased Shot Distance
- Increased Consistency
- Enhanced Concentration
- Increased Stamina/Decreased Fatigue
- Decreased Injury Risk
- Life-Long Health Benefits
- Lowered Handicap And A Better Golf Game
- Golf Fitness For Increased Speed, Agility, Flexibility, Power, and Distance
A sound Golf Fitness program increases flexibility and agility, enabling you to:
- Put your body through the full range of the golf swing motion, from turning your shoulders on your drawback to twisting your spine so your navel points at your target at the end of your follow through. A full range of motion gives your swing the power it needs to increase distance.
- Optimize your gross and fine motor skills for a more efficient swing and the ability to snap your wrists at the critical moment for maximum swing speed.
Harness the balance and coordination necessary to hit the ball with accuracy.
Golf Fitness enhances consistency and concentration by:
- Strengthening your core and golf-specific muscles, so you can master your golf swing with greater efficiency and control.
- Contributing to muscle memory and reduces repetitious fatigue, resulting in increased overall efficiency.
Influencing your brain to release feel-good endorphins and create a network of golf-specific neurons that train your body to relax and perform at its peak for each shot.
- Increasing cognitive ability and concentration naturally, reducing mental mistakes and leading to more accuracy and confidence in your golf game.
Golf Fitness will for Increased Stamina, Reduced Fatigue, and Reduced Injury Risk
- Playing 18 holes of golf can drain you of energy. Repetitive movements also drain energy. The average golfer on a 72 par course requires 87 to 95 swings of the golf club, not to mention the number of practice swings and times you have to bend down to pick up your ball. Fatigue and inflexibility lead to sloppiness and injury risk, but a sound golf fitness program:
Golf Fitness for Improved Handicap, A Better Golf Game, and A Better You
- You’ve read about the remarkable strides you can make in your golf game by following a well-prepared golf fitness program. You’ll enjoy life-long health benefits by engaging in a sound golf fitness program. The sweetest part of golf fitness that it not only lowers your handicap for a better golf game, it helps you enjoy a better life. Improved golf scores mean you’re happier on the course; improved health means you’re happier in your life.